Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Back on the mountain


This Saturday was the first time back on my snowboard since late 2008! With my vast array of injuries and health issues over the past 5 years, it really hadn't been a priority in my life. However, I really got the itch to get back into it this year. Instead of buying a pass and limiting ourselves to one area, we decided to go where we want, when we want. This past weekend, we hit up Loveland. Neither of us had been there before but it's close and inexpensive. Although there were only a few runs open, the snow was actually really good. I only lasted about 3hrs but it felt good to be out there and remember the uber soreness that comes along with it :)


Flora and I have been sending cookies for ''Bake-offs'' to the Shimano headquarters recently. I tried to wow them with some GF/DF Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cookies last time, but Flora schooled me with her gluten and butter filled Chocolate Chip ones. This time I wasn't about to lose so I through out the secret weapon with my special Peanut Butter Buckets. Unfortunately I couldn't eat any, but apparently they were good enough to crush Flora's White Chocolate Macadamia Nut ones. If I can't get the thrill out of competing on my bike, might as well get it baking cookies in the kitchen!


And lastly, we have walls on the extended bathroom. I'm still slightly bitter about not doing an open concept bed/bath but it actually doesn't look/feel too bad. We had a few snafu's with some plumbing supplies not arriving on time so hopefully we can get back on track this weekend and finally start laying some tile.

No comments: