Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Getting Ready!


I know it may be over the top, but I did just sore a set of Shimano XTR trail wheels for my squishy fun bike :) The main reason for the change was because the Rallon came with a quick release back wheel versus a thru axle. Luckily, Orbea made adapters that would allow us to change the dropouts to thru axle compatible and now I have a stiffer and more rockin' setup for those long and rough trail rides! Soooo excited.


In other news, I had my first lactate threshold test done at Boulder Center for Sports Medicine yesterday in order to establish my baseline for some structured training. I have not done one interval or hard effort since the last CX race I finished last October so I wasn't really sure what to expect. Fortunately, the long and easy rides I've been doing for the past couple months have really improved my base fitness but as expected, I was pretty weak on the high end side of things. Overall, it was better than I thought and I'm really excited to be back on a training program and ready to start crushing ass and taking names :)

No comments: