Monday, April 02, 2012

A dusty weekend


 I apologize in advance for not getting better photos but with the extremely dusty conditions, I really didn't want sand grit stuck in my phone for whatever duration it has left :)


Although, I've probably done nothing but complain about this past weekend's race, Bryce and I actually had a really great weekend. We drove up to Vail on Friday evening to meet up with the Bingham's where they treated us to a delicious dinner at La Tour downtown. You'll have to check out the website because Brent does all the photography for them :) We woke up refreshed on Saturday morning, enjoyed a fun hike above Singletree and had a great homemade breakfast before we hit the road to Grand Junction.


We went over the race site to get checked in, watch the kids races and mingle with friends but the combination of 85 degrees, windy and dust was not exceptionally pleasant. Instead, we headed back into town. We played around in the Harley/KTM dealership for a bit then had a great dinner with the usual crew. We spent our second night sleeping in the van and it couldn't have been more perfect. A couple cookies and a movie on the laptop later, we were sound asleep!


I couldn't help but take a picture of this sign because it's absolutely hilarious!


Above is a video from one of the tests at the enduro sine I don't have any pics. Instead of whining about how miserable it was, I'll just start by saying that I was still pretty under the weather from my cold and not super excited to race anyway...so my opinion is probably jaded. At any rate, I rode super slowly and carefully and didn't have any issues until the last test where I managed to crash on every technical hill and lose over 10min. I somehow managed to sneak into 3rd for the Ladies. Bryce was fortunate to have gotten row 1 and he had a great day finishing 14th overall considering the amount of pro riders out there competing for a decent prize purse. We jetted out of the venue quickly so we could get yet another homemade dinner from Momma Bingham and a hot shower on our way back home. Definitely not my type of racing but I guess you have to take the bad with the good...we were too spoiled in Texas last month :)

No comments: