Thursday, June 16, 2011

CU Cycling Short Track Series

Every Wednesday evening for the entire summer, the CU Cycling Club holds a STXC race for 7 different categories as a fundraiser for their racing seasons. They use the CU Research park which has the best singletrack with lots of climbs, descents, corners, 180* turns, burms, jumps, etc and is the punchiest and toughest 25min EVER! You better be warmed up because when the gun goes off, it's a mad sprint from start to finish while you ride technical and fun loops with tons of spectators cheering throughout the entire course.

There have already been 2 races that I've missed, but yesterday I did my hard group session in the morning so I could have even the slightest chance at being recovered by the evening. Although I was wasn't super fresh, I was able to put in a solid effort and end up in 4th behind some fast girls. It was a total blast and I was happy to keep my HR at 187 for over 20min :) If I want to be snappy and on top of it for the cyclocross season, this is where I've gotta start! Stay tuned for more CU STXC updates throughout the summer.

No comments: