Yep, that's right...we're at it again with house remodels. This time it's the basement bathroom! Our primary concern was that the tub was set on a 6 inch platform to make routing the drain easier. Unfortunately this meant you had to duck down to take a shower. Although this project was initiated solely by me, Bryce and Ryan offered (kind of not by choice) to help out :)
Day 1 began with a very late demo of everything in the bathroom. We were definitely successful with ripping out the tile and drywall, however, after disconnecting the water from the vanity and tub, we had a few water issues. Let's just say we didn't have water in the house from 7pm Wednesday night until 5pm on Thursday!!! It's okay Bryce, that's what plumbers are for :)
We finally got the tub out, but it was well after midnight and a good 3hr ordeal.
Our good friend Bob Bieterman, who also plumbed the kitchenette, came over and fixed all the disaster of a plumbing that was there before.
Bob and his team also jack hammered out a drain in the concrete then set and installed the new tub. It's going to be soooo much nicer! Even though no one except me wanted to dive into this project, it's actually a really good thing we did...we're finding an abundance of poor construction that could have led to much bigger problems down the road!