Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First attempt...

So as most of you know, cooking is not my forte, nor do I really enjoy it. However, with lots of extra time on my hands these days, I'm giving it a whirl. Per the nutritionist, it would be really beneficial to start cooking in a cast iron pan as your food truly can absorb a lot of the iron directly from the pan...never knew that. I have also started stocking the fridge with tons of fresh veggies and meats that I'm hoping will be the staple in my diet. Last night's dinner was really simple. Cut up some chicken, broccoli, carrots, green peppers and garlic and saute it all in the pan. Add a bit of salt and pepper and some ginger and voila. Serve with some brown rice, soy sauce and spinach. Definitely took a good 45min to prepare, but at least it's better than frozen pizza, right?!?!

No comments: