Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cyclocross Season is here!

After two short cyclocross practice sessions earlier this week, I jumped into my first race at the Boulder velodrome on Sunday afternoon. Since I've never raced cx before, I automatically got put with the CAT 4s. From the gun, I jumped out in front and never really looked back. It was lots of fun and pretty technical. We went inside the velodrome and up and over a few ramps, obstacles, etc which made for lots of excitement. I'm totally hooked :) However, I think once I get kicked out of the 4s, the effort output might be a bit higher!

Saturday was supposed to be a big day on the motos but unfortunately it decided to rain ALL DAY! No worries, it's always good to have a lounge around day, right? Well, that just meant that I had to cram my cyclocross race and a solid moto ride in on Sunday. Since my race wasn't until 1:45pm, we decided to go for an easy spin the early morning then wait until after the race to go moto. It was absolutely gorgeous all day until about 4pm when it started pissing rain. Grrrrr...that's exactly when we got up to the trail to go shred it up. No, we didn't end up going and turned back around...boo :(

No comments: