Friday, September 18, 2009

Swim, bike and run?!?!

That's right! For the first time since July 12th, I was given the okay to run up to 30min with my kneecap taped up and aligned properly to see how it felt. Let's just say that I am almost 99.9% certain I will be only bike racing next year :(

The first 20min were absolutely awesome with no pain and I surprisingly felt great. However, it quickly went downhill from there. At 21min my knee got super tight and at 25min I was in total agony. Same shooting pain I have been getting since the beginning of January. Ugh. I tried really hard to compose myself but after attempting to bike and swim later in the day and almost having to quit both because of the horrid pain, I got super frustrated. I have been swimming and riding like no one's business for the past 2 months and haven't had any issues. How is it that one short jog can completely destroy me like this? I'm definitely not giving up and I will get to the bottom of it, but after a good chat with the coach, a focused direction in road cycling and mountain biking is looking like a more realistic approach for 2010!

2 comments:

DOUG BERNER said...

Nothing wrong with a little biking for now huh! Nice cross pics. Pro looking in the 4 class.

RedRockChica said...

Hi Erin.... so sorry to hear about your knee and xterra season, but great that you're doing well and having fun at the other events. Question for you...what did they ever decide went wrong w/your knee. (I'm having similar issues and am towing the line on surg or not :-( Cheers, rr