Thursday, August 13, 2009

Supplemental Oxygen Training


After an hour spin in the heat, I got to the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine Center to meet up with the usual crew and coach Neal for our Wednesday hammerfest. I knew we were doing VO2 work but until Neal came out of the CompuTrainer studio, I had no idea it was going to be inside. Luckily, we got a little assistance - a full tank of oxygen - to use throughout the session. Although I felt like a total lab rat and looked very similar to the dude in the picture above, it was so cool to see how much harder you can push yourself and how much stronger you are with extra air! My legs were totally shattered a few hours afterward but after a good PT session later that evening with Bob Cranny at Altitude PT, I was good to go.

No comments: