Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Just one of those days...

Yesterday was supposed to be my 'January 1st' of the 2009 (i.e. the start of my training/racing season). I got the go ahead to ride and swim easy so Neal and I decided to just start from the beginning so that I can have a fresh mental attitude about everything. It was sooooo exciting to finally see workout sessions on my schedule and I had a super fun day planned out.
It all went out the door when I drove up to the club to swim and do yoga and found out with was closed a day earlier than I had expected. Ugh. I drove my butt over to the North Boulder Rec Center where I paid a hefty price just to flop around in an indoor pool. I also paid another dollar because they don't have towels like FAC...that peeved me off even more so I just took the towel...bad Erin, bad Erin! Aside that, the swim was decent and it felt great to be back in the water. My arms felt like jello but it will come around soon!
I put my old Specialized (my very first road bike EVER) up on Craigslist Sunday evening and surprisingly got a few responses right away. I met a couple over at Vic's after the swim and wabam...sold. It was definitely a sad moment to see it go, but that's one less bike to have kickin' in the garage :)
After that, I was super excited to go spin around on my new bike since it was in the high 60s and gorgeous out. I got all geared up and took off for an easy spin. I was having the time of my life out there and I LOVE my new bike. Everything was going smoothly until I made a sharp left turn into a subdivision and boom...I slide right out on some sand in the road that was leftover from the snow storm. Luckily I was fine and my BRAND NEW bike only suffered minor scratches and blood stains, but DANG! I have some nice road rash, a few big bruises and some torn up clothing, but it's just the fact that it was my first ride on my new machine!!! At any rate, I didn't freak out and just let it go. I am, however, really sore today.

To top the day off, Allen had not been feeling well at all. He chilled out at home most the day and did some gardening and cooked me a delicious steak dinner, but went to bed feeling pretty crappy :( Guess who woke up with a super sore throat and runny nose this morning?!?! Yes, it's my own fault, but it was inevitable.

Oh life...always so unpredictable :) Hehe.

No comments: