Friday, May 02, 2008

Nanananahhh, nanananahhh, hey, hey, hey, GOOD BYE!!!

That is my poor attempt at writing song lyrics that aren't actually words, but sound pretty damn good my head right now!!! And yes, I am referring to the Avs and 76ers who are done and done! Detroit cleaned up last night with a clutch win by the Pistons to wrap up the first round and an absolute slaughter by the Wings to put the Avs out of their misery. I had to try really hard today to keep my big mouth shut around here after Colorado gave up 8 goals to get swept in the second round last night! Did they even want to win? Oh well, better for us!

Not only were sports on the agenda last night, but I ventured down to the Bike Station, a bike shop in Golden, to meet with my good friend Brett who is the local rep for Bell/Giro, Sharkies, Craft and Look. It was an all women's event with a great presentation by Trek, lots of good food and a raffle of random cycling product and apparel. I contributed a Timex women's specific Bodylink GPS watch and data recorder for the raffle which was won by a woman who will be doing a ride across America this summer! It couldn't have been more perfect. I was also able to give several other ladies information about the other health and fitness products Timex has to offer. Lots of fun :)
Today was another crap day with the weather and had several work issues to deal with so I just decided to take the day off training. I don't usually ever do this, but I'm starting to think that the more I rest, the better I feel when I am going hard. We'll see how that goes tomorrow!

No comments: