Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thoughts of the day

1) I hate high school kids - I went to the Niwot High School track this morning to get in a good workout at 7:30am. After my warm up and right before I began my main set, about 75 kids came out and started walking around the track. Instead of bagging it like I really felt like doing, I decided to just try to run through them. I almost broke my ankle about a dozen times from running off the inside lane because no matter how many times I went around and by the idiots, they still had no desire to move out of the inside lane. As a matter of fact, halfway through, 5 girls decided to just sit down in a circle right in that lane. WHAT MORONS...it took everything I had not to give them a good kick in the face while running by and opening my big mouth to express how ridiculous they were being. You would think that their teachers would have said something, but no, they just let them sit there with me running around them every lap. UGH...note to self, do not go to the track during school hours.

2) April 15 is my least favorite day of the year - I just don't understand why people wait until the very last minute to file their taxes. It's soooo easy to just get them done with as soon as you have gathered all the info needed. On that note, I was totally slammed all day and night putting the finishing touches and filing several clients and friend's taxes...blah, blah, blah. Guess that's what I get for being an accountant.

3) Thank you Headsweats (and Ben) for the life-size pic that will be at EVERY 2008 event - FYI, that was a very sarcastic thank you. Ever since Outdoor Retailer and Cali 70.3 I have been receiving texts, emails, etc about this silly pic. I didn't have a clue why they were making such a big deal about it until Jonnyo and Sergio posted the pic below on their blogs. I'll just leave it at that.
4) I love mountain biking - Even though it is a super dangerous sport and I endured a bit of a scar a few weeks ago with the potential of not being able to race the first half of my season, I'm still totally in the love with it. I have been out and about on the Top Fuel the past few days tooling around, but tonight I actually went and rode some technical singletrack and couldn't have been more excited to be back. If only I hadn't screwed with the front derailleur in attempt to fix the clicking sound and killed the shifting, the ride would have been absolutely perfect. Shep, it's time to come home!!!

5) I am one lucky girl - and for many reasons...Living the life as an athlete and accountant in Boulder is absolutely amazing. Having a family that supports me 100% no matter what is even better. The friendships and laughs that are had on a daily basis could never be replaced. What tops it off is the fact that when I wake up every morning, I couldn't imagine being anywhere else living any other lifestyle :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are showing your age...
Did you forget that the High School crowd owns that track and field. It wasn't that long ago when you and your buddies would have been just as obnoxious!!
Aren't you glad that most kids grow out of their teenage years???
They were actually impressed with your workout...just didn't feel the need to give you their space..
Love you,

jonnyo said...

oh please...Erin

i know you love the picture... you should thanks headsweat, because of them, people now come from everywhere to visit the expo hoping to get a picture with you. Me and sergio are just two of the many that did this after waiting our turn in line for 45 minutes.

as for the track... GO RUN IN THE TRAILS!!!!!!!!!

:) jonathan