Friday, April 18, 2008

CRAZINESS!!!

Well I guess I'll start with the fact that it was 80 degrees on Tuesday and it snowed 2 inches on Wednesday!!! How about that for a change in weather?!? Wasn't a big deal as it melted super quickly once the sun came out on Thursday, but still, WTF :)

If anyone cares as much as I do about the Red Wings, it was a total embarrassment watching them lose 2 games in a row to Nashville. I'll just keep it at that since the series isn't over, but unless they get their act together, the number one team in the conference is gonna be hittin' the golf course after the next few games!

So I've had this really annoying clicking noise on my mountain bike that just wouldn't go away. Since Shep is at Sea Otter, I took it to our good friend Tim who is the head mechanic at Full Cycle. We dismantled the bike and determined the click was coming from the main pivot. To make a long story short, when he was torquing the bolt back down, it snapped! Unfortunately this is not a part that people just have laying around so I was going to be SOL until Shep could mail me the part on Monday :( But wait...after contacting several bike shops and trying to figure out how to overnight this damn part, it turns out there is one sitting on an unused frame in Shep's garage! SAVIOR!!!!!!!! Needless to say, things worked out just fine :)

As I'm putting my bike in the car, I notice that there is another tube hanging from the bottom of my car. It's the same tube I paid $50 to have fixed at the dealer a month ago. To take it in or not. If I don't, I'm guaranteed to procrastinate as dealing with silly things like that is never on the top of my list. So I go. I sit for an hour and a half and they finally fix the damn thing. After it had become attached again, the tube was damaged to the point where it needed to be replaced. Luckily, because they didn't do their jobs correctly the first time, they replaced everything for free....whoooooaaaa!

Alright, that's all I've got. I'm sure the weekend will bring more excitement since it's Tingle and Katie's birthday party at the Rio on Saturday night :)

No comments: