Sunday, April 20, 2008

So much to be happy about!

What a fabulous weekend! Killer training day on Saturday followed by a fun night at the Rio for Tingle's 24th birthday! I'm pretty sure if I didn't have to run early this morning, I would have hit the 3 margarita limit...of course I would have probably passed out in the middle of Pearl Street, but oh well...damn, those things are good :)

After an 80 degree day of gorgeousness yesterday, I ventured off for the long run this morning at 8am in the 60s! Other than the monsoon-like winds, it was quite enjoyable...even with the 3x20min of efforts :) After eating about 8 pieces of french toast (homemade of course, and I say this because that is probably one of 3 things I cook for myself), I got some things together and met the girls up at Hall Ranch (yes, the dreaded place where I crashed and broke my wrist a month ago). We were lovin' life just cruising and smiling on the mountain bikes!!!

As for my Detroit sports teams, the Wings finally wrapped up round one of the playoffs against the Nashville Predators this afternoon (sorry Bruce), but the Pistons lost their first game of the playoffs after being up by several points the entire game to Philly. Ugh, that was an ugly sight for sure. They better get their butts in gear if they plan on making it past the first round.

Lastly, I have to post this because I think it's just absolutely hysterical. So because my dad doesn't have any more kids running around the house to take care of or yell at, he has turned to other random things to keep him busy and entertained. Take buying birds for instance...honestly I think those were just to piss my mom off, but below is a perfect example of how ridiculous my father really is. You see, we got this stupid 500lb buddha about 10 years ago (for free of course...the hell if we'd ever purchase such a thing) and we always dressed him up according to what sports teams were playing, which season it was, etc. Tonight, I get this email from my dad,

"Hi Hon,
Per the attached photo, just wanted to let you know that Tumrock recently had a sex change operation and is now "TumRockee". She is pregnant and due with a new "baby concrete" in a few months.
Love Dad"


So at this point, I'm pretty sure he's losing it. But, I guess if he can find a way to make use of all the old crap in our basement, such as the pom poms on Tumrock's head, I guess it's cool. A least it's freakin' hilarious :) Okay, I'm done. I still love you Dad!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jenn Good said...

Hey Slizzo...long time no talk to. I found your blog and it's very exciting to see what you are up to, lately. (You kick ass, girl!) I thought this Buddha thing was really hilarious because my parent's went crazy and bought a covered wagon. An honest to god little house on the prairie f'ing covered wagon that's sitting in their backyard. You can see the thing from google-earth....WTF? Parents, I swear! I'm glad to see that you are so happy and successful...keep it up.