Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Oh yeah...it's go time!

Well, it's the end of day 2 of 'being back on track' and I'm definitely remembering the highs of killing super hard workouts and the lows of feeling completely trashed and hungrier than hell :) IT'S A GOOD THING!!!

Yesterday was the first time in long while that I hit up the mountain bike with my friend Sasha. We did a little tour of the Boulder dirt roads...Wonderland, Bow Mountain, Dakota Ridge Trail, the Rez, you name it. The best part was how I can tossed because there was so much mud built up between the rear wheel and frame the the bike completely stopped rolling in the middle of a decent! That and the fact that we stopped at a car wash on the way home to clean off the bikes!!! Oh, so nice to be back on the dirt. If I'm lucky, I'll actually get my new bike this week!

Today was the first day of hard efforts and there is no doubt that I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow. Did a VO2 test on the bike at JZ's this morning, jumped in the pool for an easy shakeout swim afterwards, then hit the track for the first time since October. Have to say that it really wasn't that bad, but I've forgotten how painful some of those workouts can really be! However, the feeling you get after completely crushing the workout makes all the torture worth it...

...Back to the grindstone!

No comments: