Wednesday, January 23, 2008

DEXA Bone Scan

After a series of broken bones in 2005, I decided to have my bone density checked last year. It wasn't a surprise that it was actually quite low for my age. Although my daily activities should be enough to help build bone mass, they're also helping to contribute to the loss of it as well...hmmmm.

At any rate, after finding out those numbers last year, I have been very conscious about taking in more calcium, adding in more strength training and not getting too lean. After a full year of intense training without any injury, I was certain I had increased my bone density. I had another scan done on Monday and unfortunately I am exactly where I was last year. Grrrr....

It's not the end of the world and it's not at a dangerous level, but I would rather see it climbing rather than descending or remaining the same. Guess it's time to start supplementing again :(

No comments: