Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Training at 10,000 feet is FUN!!!

It was definitely a weekend to remember and lots of catching up and recovering to do...reason for the delayed post.

Saturday I had a killer swim, a great ride up in the mountains and an enjoyable run off the bike. Usually after a big day I take a long nap and try to recover as much as possible, but instead, I decided to head up to Pike's National Forest (10,000+ft) to go camping with Mercedes and Amanda. After driving straight up for 20 some miles on a bumpy dirt road, we found a nice little spot to set up camp. We made a sweet fire, some fixings for dinner and had a very pleasant evening chatting about anything and everything. I woke up early on Sunday morning and went out for my long run on the most amazing rolling terrain at altitude EVER. It was probably one of the best runs I've had this year. Afterwards, we all went hiking in Garden of the Gods down in Colorado Springs and out to lunch at a little Mexican place downtown. I was completely wiped by the time we got back, but worth every second. I'm seriously contemplating doing it again this weekend in Winter Park while the boys race their mountain bikes :)

It was a lot colder than we thought so Merci is changing into warm pants...
Cooking time.
Amanda and Apache kickin' it
Apache getting a nice long brushing

Eating my Justin's Nut Butter...yummy :)
What Pike's Peak looked like on our way down!
Hiking in Garden of the Gods
Yes, I am a huge loser...but I love it!

1 comment:

Jason Brahim said...

Yo Erin,

After our conversation on I had to check out the pics. I hope you guys realize how lucky you are to live where you live. I am totally jealous! When I come out to train in the spring, we have to do something like that. Hope you are having a great week. My week has been nuts.

Training has been wonderful. I was wondering if you would have a moment to discuss some racing strategies for the international distance (nations tri) so that I can have a complete race and establish a base time for our training to see where I am. Let me know chica!

Talk to you Later!

Jason