Saturday, September 08, 2007

Coming together

So maybe a random day off is a good thing...duh, of course it's a good thing when your body tells you to stop and you actually do :) After a solid day of eating and a killer massage from Merci, I was able to pull it together for a solid day on Thursday. Even though my track times weren't what I was aiming for, I worked really hard to complete the session as consistent as possible with the goal of trying not to be lapped by all the crazy Olympic Japanese athletes out there in their tracksuits running their little legs off. If you live in Boulder, you know exactly what I'm talking about! After a solid swim at lunchtime I hit the trainer for a hard bike session and nailed it...actually I was surprisingly pushing way more wattage than I was supposed to :)

Friday was a decent day as well. Great hill run up to NCAR in the morning then a little work and a swim at noon which I struggled to finish due to lack of energy and food from earlier, however, got it done and relaxed and ate the rest of the day...love it.

Now to the pool for a little swim, a long ride in the mountains and a run off the bike!

No comments: