Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I've only half melted.

It has seriously been an absolute inferno here in Boulder over the past couple days. And when I mean hot, I mean over 100 degrees and scorching.

Although it has been tough, I've been able to get in some serious training. Despite the lack of sleep from not having AC, the constant dehydration from the dry heat and difficult training sessions, things are progressing very well. The numerous trips to the creek and good recovery have been very super helpful.

After today's bike/run/bike/run/bike/run session of sheer intensity in the middle of the day, I have so much more confidence going into the Olympic distance race in Utah on July 14th. Even though it did almost kill me, I'm super happy I was able to see where my fitness is and how it has improved since Baja.

Tis the season for BBQs and last night we went over to the Byrn's house for a killer party that had some mmmmmm delicious food. Tomorrow we will get to check out Lara and Billy's new place and grill for the 4th and watch some good fireworks. Hopefully I'll get some good pics :)

No comments: