Saturday, September 09, 2006

What a day

For the first time in I can't even remember...maybe even a few years, I slept in until 11am!!! Oh my goodness did it feel AMAZING. Woke up, had some delicious coffee, a banana and an english muffin with peanut butter and strawberry honey, then proceeded to relax and work on sponsorship stuff all morning - it was soooo nice.

It rained all morning, but at 2pm when I finally got in gear to get out on the bike for my 3hr ride/75min run brick session, the sky had totally cleared and it was absolutely gorgeous. Had a fabulous ride and great run...randomly saw three people I knew on my run and almost ran over a snake crossing over some railroad tracks. I saw it in the last second before I stepped on it so I tried to leap over it. However, as I was mid-air, it was startled and moved as well. Needless to say, I was seriously about a millimeter from crushing it or being bitten. Haven't seen the 190s on the heart rate monitor in a while, but that definitely made me freak!

There's always gotta be something, right! Otherwise life would just be plain, simple and well, kinda boring!

No comments: