Friday, September 15, 2006

First Stage Down...

This morning I completed the Time Trial portion of the Parker Mainstreet Omnium. Placed 4th, but definitely wasn't too happy about it as I could have gone a lot harder...life goes on.

I haven't been doing any type of speed work and that's probably why I wasn't able to push as high of a gear up the hills as I would have liked, but that's okay. Also, the whole first half of the course was uphill into the wind and the last half downhill with a tailwind, how convenient...

So what really sucked was the fact that I almost crashed 5 times going about 30-40mph because the insane winds kept catching my disc wheel and flinging me off the road and practically pushing me sideways. Yeah, let me tell you how freaky it is going that fast in aerobars (no braking access) and getting thrown around like that. Unfortunately I did get a little too freaked out and had to stop pedaling a few times to get my composure back...which totally costed me a shitload of time on an 8 mile course.

Whatever, it's the first one and it was fun...couldn't have done it without Mr. Aaron Brown though. If it wasn't for him helping me drive down there, coaching me through a sweet warm up, pining my numbers on and totally supporting my ass, I wouldn't have had a clue what to do...thanks buddy!

No worries though, the road race is tomorrow and I'm ready to attack with avengence!!! Stay tuned.

No comments: