Saturday, September 16, 2006

2 down 1 to go!!!

Yeahhhhhh...got through my very first road race this morning and had an absolute blast! Totally didn't know where the finish line was until about 20 meters before I went through it, but hey, who cares. I probably could have out-sprinted the 2 girls I was working with the entire race to get some extra points, but it's all good...now I know why they all of a sudden just randomly took off...duhhh!

VERY different from triathlon racing. Group riding is also very nerv-recking...especially when you start the race with the CAT 5 men and when you hit the first climb they all start falling back leaving you struggling for dear life trying to bridge the 2 girls who were lucky enough not to be behind those dudes. At any rate, I've never worked so hard together with other people during a race and it was super cool and a lot of fun too. Met some great girls from Denver and am definitely going to continue on this bike racing bandwagon :) Bet some of my friends are excited to hear that!

Sooo...crit tomorrow. Could be interesting. Hope I don't crash! Until then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Erin, don't know how you do it. Katie