Sunday, September 17, 2006

CRASH FREE!!!

Hell yeah!!! Completed my first criterium this morning without any problems...thank goodness! And might I add that it was freakin' AWESOME! Totally have no sprinting ability right now, but came in second on each of the prime laps and 4th overall! Definitely need to work on the gear shifting as I kinda forgot to shift down for each of the sprints, and well, you know what that feels like!

Anyway, great day and fabulous weekend. So glad I chose this event over the Harvest Moon Half Ironman I was planning on doing. It was barely 40 degrees at 7:30am this morning when the race started and there is no way I was going to bike 56 miles in a wet bathing suit in those frigid temps. Plus, I totally found something new and exciting to look forward to doing more of in the future! And to make things even better, I not only finished without any troubles, I also made some extra cash on the side...fun, fun!!!

How come triathlons don't have prize money like cycling?!?!

No comments: