Thursday, September 14, 2006

What have I done!!!

Triathlon out, 3-day bike race in...That's right, I'm racing in my very first bike race this weekend.

Temperatures on Sunday morning are predicted to be in the 3os and only go up into the high 50s throughout the day. Getting out of the water and riding 56 miles in a wet bathing suit in 40 degree weather does NOT sound like a good way to come back from a major injury...the coach didn't think so either.

In that light, there just happened to be a 3 stage bike race in Denver this weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun) consisting of a time-trial, road race and criterium. Had it not been for the fact that I have several friends who are pro cyclists who will be there to help my completely clueless-ass out, there is no way I would have even thought about it! However, they're gonna be there and I'm gonna do this thing; I just can't crash or my coach might seriously kill me...he's not too hyped on the idea!!!

Alright, more to come on the TT tomorrow morning...wish me luck!

P.S. Katie - thanks so much for the card! I love getting fun mail like that! Tell everyone I say hi; I miss you guys so much...

No comments: