Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bicycles...grrrr

Sometimes you love 'em, sometimes you hate 'em. Today, I hate them.

All I want to do is go for a simple long and easy ride this afternoon and what more do I get but a flat tire on my rear wheel as I am about to grab my bike to head out. No sweat, it's an easy fix here at home with all the proper equipment, etc...Snap, changed and done.

I'm about a quarter of a mile down the street, listening to some great new tunes I just put into my ipod and poof...total blowout on the same damn tire. I pull off into a car tire store (how ironic) and proceed to change it once more. A huge piece of glass had gotten stuck in the tire puncturing right through to the tube...how lovely.

Okay, onward. I have one more spare tube and CO2 cartridge left. I haven't flatted in months and it had to be a total fluke that I had gotten two in less than 5 minutes. Well, guess what, that's right, I get about another mile up the road and flippin' flat AGAIN! Yeah, I bet you're thinking what I was thinking....F-this, I'm going home.

So here I am right now telling you all about how I punked out on my ride today because I got 3 flats in less than 10 minutes. I'm sure there was a good reason for this happening and I know it's pathetic, but there's no doubt in my mind I was not meant to be on the road today. Sometimes it sucks and I was definitely looking forward to the ride, but I don't even want to think of the consequences I may have suffered had I been persistent and continued riding. Everything happens for a reason.

So this is why I hate bicycles today...any questions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is always tomorrow!!!!
Keep on smiling...
Your are where you want to be and doing what you love!!!
That is a lot to smile about...
or you could be living in Michigan working to support your new lifestyle...

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»