Monday, October 21, 2013

Let the healing begin!


A few weeks ago, I was put in touch with a great MD who incorporates a lot of the naturepathic medicine concepts into her practice. I really enjoyed working with my previous ND and felt like we were on the right track, however, she just had another baby and is unable to give me the full attention she thinks is necessary to get better. My new doc did many of the same and a few different tests which gave us some light on why my body shuts down once I begin racing. Although we haven't gotten all tests back, I have begun another round of intense supplementing as she thinks this is the only way I'll be able to boost my immune system and adrenal glands back up. Many of these are exactly what my ND had prescribed and a few are new and very different. For someone who used to not be able to swallow pills, taking 40+ caps a day is NOT easy. I've contemplated giving up racing and moving on but I simply can't let it go. If I want to get back out there, I know this is my last resort so my motivation to take the supplements is very high. Like with anything new to your system, it takes a bit for it to adjust so these next few weeks are going to be rough. However, and from previous experience, I know it will get better. Stay tuned for more updates and cross your fingers my body and energy start cooperating :)

No comments: