Monday, December 17, 2012

I wish things were more interesting


As usual, things are crazy busy with lots of work, holiday prep and staying true to our dairy free/gluten free diets. I have to say that eating DF/GF isn't that hard, it just involves a lot of planning. Our once or twice a week frozen pizza meal definitely doesn't apply so being lazy about cooking doesn't cut it any more. I've done most of my holiday shopping online so the porch has been filled with miscellaneous boxes recently but today I opened a nice little surprise gift from my Grandparents (see above)! It couldn't have put a bigger smile on my face :)


I haven't been sharing much of our new cooking ideas recently but thought this would be an appropriate one to post because of how delicious and easy it is. We've been trying to cook large batches of food so they last for several dinners and lunches throughout the week and this one seems to hit the spot even when re-heated several days later. As you can see above, we made a mix of grassfed ground beef (about 1.5lbs), a bag of frozen peas, one red pepper and two small sweet potatoes mixed with random spices to taste in a giant cast iron skillet. I enjoy it over a bed of spinach with salsa, avocado and tortilla chips on top and Bryce likes his as mini tacos with corn tortillas, salsa and sprinkled dairy free cheddar cheese.

No comments: