Monday, September 10, 2012

Trying new things...


Things have been progressing, slowly but surely. Although I'm still waiting for that day I wake up and feel like a million bucks, I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. My diet and supplement regimen is still very strict with the elimination of all sugars, caffeine, fruit, nuts, starches and more so I've been researching ways to keep it interesting. My doctor suggested making some Zucchini Chips since I was craving something filling like pretzels or crackers. I looked up some recipes but most of them called for a food dehydrator which I didn't have. I browsed the Target and Bed Bath & Beyond websites and discovered they weren't too expensive. I also found some other recipes requiring a dehydrator (see here) that sounded really good. Heck, it's only $75, why not. I'm in the process of making Zucchini and Squash Chips now and the few that I've tried are delicious. Can't wait until I can start adding fruit and nuts back in so I try a whole plethora of new snacks!

1 comment:

brthomas said...

I'm also happy with my inexpensive food dehydrator. Hot mustard zucchini chips and barbecue zucchini chips are some of my favorite flavors.