Saturday, September 22, 2012

Interbike 2012


This past week, I made my 2nd trip out to Las Vegas with Madd Gear for the annual Interbike convention. As usual, all the big boys were there and it was so great to catch up and finally meet a few others that I've only communicated via email with for 3 years! Overall the trip was okay. I'm still feeling pretty yucky and my diet is super strict so it was hard to find viable options for food. Although I tried going to Whole Foods once, that trip ended in a complete disaster...as I was on my way there in a cab, I realized I didn't have my wallet and the cab driver kicked me out about over 5 miles from the hotel. I was certain I had lost my wallet in Vegas and that I was going to get stuck there but alas, it was under a sweatshirt in my hotel room. That was day 1 of my trip so it didn't exactly start off on the right foot. Luckily, Bryce arrived later that evening so I was able to relax a little bit. Everything went great on the Madd side of things and it was also fun seeing the crew at Litespeed, Shimano, Pearl Izumi, etc. It was bittersweet being there and not racing Cross Vegas but I know that next year is going to be a hell of a year so I'm working hard on that thing called 'patience'!

No comments: