Monday, June 25, 2012

An Unusal Weekend


It seems like a lot of things have been showing how old I'm getting lately... Not only will I be attending my 10 year high school reunion this fall, but all of our good friends are starting to get married! Slightly scary. However it's not nearly as scary as Bryce driving out to Vegas this weekend for Tito's bachelor party with a bunch of crazy boys...especially since the above pic is what Tito was carrying when they picked him up. I was only told of two instances with the police and since they're all home safe, I don't want to know any more :)


Since Bryce was out of town for the weekend and the forecast was showing super high temps in Boulder, I decided to take Russ back up to Winter Park. We met up with good friend Joe Sap and did a fun day on the 'Big Bikes' at the Trestle Downhill Park. I've never ridden downhill specific trails before and I have to admit it was super strange riding a bicycle with all my moto gear. However, I started to get the hang of it and had a total blast. It's kinda fun riding the chairlift to the top then bombing down the mountain over and over again! Russell had to change Joe's DH bike all around because he runs his levers opposite than the normal cyclist...


It's been a while since I've had a super nice home cooked meal and Joe definitely took care of that. He whipped up an awesome Chickpea Ragout and sincerely impressed both Russ and I. Later that night, our good friends Tom and Bobby drove up from Boulder so we could do a big XC MTB ride on Sunday!


After meeting up with a few more friends (also locals of the WP area), we had a rockin' group ready to ride. We rode part of the course for this upcoming weekend's race then hit some of the best trails on the mountain that I had never ridden before! I was the only person on a hardtail which made my day pretty bumpy but all in all, I had a great time. We were incredibly fortunate to have some good cloud cover for the ride because it was a scorcher...even at 11,000ft. It was amazing how much warmer it kept getting as we dropped in elevation on our drive home but the kicker was how hot it was inside my house in Boulder. Yes, 90 degrees INSIDE the house. It's 102 outside as I'm typing this in a nicely air conditioned building but with no relief in sight, there's a good chance I'll be heading back up to the mountains shortly.

No comments: