Monday, May 07, 2012

Re-group Weekend!

 

Ever since the Voodoo Fire 44 mile MTB race, I've been feeling a bit tired and run down. I'm pretty sure it was a bit too much too soon, but I'm glad I did it and happy that I was able to see where my fitness stacked up against some of my main competition. However, I've already had 2 strikes with the Chronic Fatigue crap and I certainly do not need to be in any sort of peak fitness until this fall. So instead of racing or doing some sort of massive 7hr adventure (like our other friends did), we drove up to Vail to relax and get pampered by the Binghams. 


We did do a short moto ride at Wolcott on Saturday which was super fun. Then, instead of going back out for another loop, we ate cookies and soaked up some sun for 45min or so...just long enough to get nice and burnt...oops.

 

Sunday we decided to do the most chill MTB ride we've ever done and look for a trail that we were unable to find last time we rode in Eagle. 


We found 'Mike's Night Out' and enjoyed a super cruisy ride on squishy bikes. This was my first time out on the new XTR trail wheels and rear thru axle and I couldn't be happier with them. 


We finished off the trip the trip with a massively large pizza from Pazzo's then hit the road to drive through a crazy snow storm on the way home. I'm taking this upcoming week super easy as well and hopefully it will get me refreshed and ready to rumble for the Gowdy Grinder on May 20th. Since that race is only $15 to enter, everyone and their mother from Boulder comes and I need to be able to back up my trash talking with a little fitness :) 

No comments: