Monday, February 27, 2012

The First Van Roadtrip!


Although we're missing the most important piece of the van build out (the killer stereo), we ventured down to Pueblo for it's first roadtrip this weekend. It was only 2.5hrs each way, but it was just enough time to appreciate all the bells and whistles we splurged on (power seat, cruise control, keyless entry, etc). We were surprised and beyond excited about how well it drove and the gas mileage we were getting. It was also nice to see how quiet the driving space was compared to our other van. The toy area was just perfect in size for the dirt bikes which was also a big relief :)


Superstar enduro racer and good friend, Ron Schmezle, has been starting to teach riding lessons over the past couple weeks so I did an impromptu class with him and another guy out at PMI on Saturday. We worked on a lot of the basics as well as some of the more technical aspects of riding like corning and riding long ruts. I learned a lot and had a total blast. The races in AZ were my first time trying out my new Troy Lee Designs gear and protective equipment but I don't think I mentioned how much I loved it. The under the jersey chest protector and my arm sleeve elbow/forearm guards are honestly the most comfortable pieces of protective gear I have ever worn. I didn't feel restricted whatsoever and my neck brace stayed right in place! Super excited to head down to TX in a few weeks for races #3 and #4 of the year :)

No comments: