Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good times with good friends!


I know I've been a bit MIA this week but it's for a good reason! After my family left on Tuesday, we had our good friend Russell Bobbitt and his lovely girlfriend Katie fly in from Georgia on Wednesday afternoon. We started their trip out with a fun dinner to catch up then we sent them up to Winter Park Thursday morning so they could get their snowboard on. It was Katie's first time on a snowboard and when we met up with them later that evening, she had already gone through a half bottle of Advil :)


After a relaxing morning, we decided to meet up with the Boulder crew to get our skate skiing on at Snow Mountain Ranch. Russ and Katie have never been before but they picked it up like champs.


I haven't been skiing in almost 3 years and I was nervous as all could be that it was going to irritate my hip, but thankfully it didn't. I was able to ski just fine and my new Salomon boots that I got for Christmas were awesome.


 Later that evening, we had everyone over to our place for a delicious meal and fun games. This was our first time entertaining our friends at the new condo and it couldn't have been more fun.


The night wouldn't be complete without a homemade dessert from Shelby. Mmmmm! Between dinner, dessert and all the wine we drank, I'm pretty certain everyone left quite satisfied :)

No comments: