Monday, September 12, 2011

The Cyclocross season has officially started!

 Saturday kicked off the first CX race of the year in Golden, CO. The Tough Girls team put on the 'Queens of Cross' race that had a fantastic turnout, a great course, and perfect weather.

It was great to see the usual cyclocross crowd at the venue cheering and getting ready to race. There's truly no other sport that can match the vibe and fun atmosphere that a Colorado cross race has :)


This was the first time I was able to test out my tubular wheel setup on the ever-so-awesome Orbea Terra and it was sick! I was able to run a really low tire pressure which made the extremely rough course much more comfortable.

 Although getting on and off your bike is not an easy task, it's still so much fun and a great change of pace from all the summer's road and mountain bike riding. The mounts and dismounts are a critical skill in the sport and I still have a lot of practicing to do!

It's been a while since I've raced CX so I was forced to race the SW 3 category on Saturday. After grabbing the holeshot, I didn't look back and took the W with several minutes to spare.


Sunday was the Lookout CX race in Golden. Bryce and I actually did this race in 2009 before we went to a moto race. Luckily I was able to race with the SW Open and had a great time. Again, I was able to grab the holeshot but quickly found myself chasing 2 girls that were putting in strong efforts right from the gun. I wasn't able to match them but fortunately stayed strong for a solid 3rd place finish.



It's been a while since I've been on the cross scene and I'm stoked to be back at it and look forward to lots of improvement throughout the season.

No comments: