Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Needles and Supplements

Unfortunately things have not gotten any better and the Epstein Barr Virus has gotten the best of me :( After a brief doc appt on Monday, I got the sad news that I'm probably going to be feeling like this for another 3-4 months and not doing any training in the meantime. Do I want to breakdown, cry my eyes out and punch a hole in the wall? Yes. Do I feel as though the past 2 years have been more unfair than anything in the entire world? Yes. Is there anything I can do about it? No. I didn't bring this on myself and I can't let it ruin my life so I'm just gonna have to accept it and try everything I can to make it okay.

I am one of those people who doesn't believe in ancient philosophies, Chinese medicine, etc. However, my awesome neighbor practices that stuff right out of her house and offered to work on me for a great deal. Couldn't hurt, right? I wasn't so in to the whole yin thing but the acupuncture was kinda cool. However, it's a bit weird laying on a table for 30min with needles sticking out of you everywhere...I kinda felt like Pinhead from Hellrazor :)

Not as if the session wasn't enough, I came home with a freakin' pharmacy of herbal supplements to take. Seriously, 6 pills of who knows what/a slug of the most potent echinachea on the planet which tastes like absolute crap/a glass of water with apple cider vinegar and honey = yuck - all of those things 3 times a day?!?! This stuff better work!!!

No comments: