Friday, June 11, 2010

A Great day on the MTB

My good friend Scott Tietzel and I set out on a killer mountain bike ride Thursday morning.

We rode up Heil Ranch, down Picture Rock then up and around Hall Ranch then back the way we came! It took a little over 4 hrs and we had the best time EVER :)

I was pretty excited to do a longer mountain bike ride because I just received my package of new Nathan products early this week.

I tried out the Proton Hydration Pack and couldn't have been more thrilled. It holds 2 liters of fluid, fits perfectly, breathes great and has just enough room to stuff the needed essentials (rain jacket, multi-tool, food, camera, etc).

I like to think I'm fairly safe when I train on the trails in Colorado, but I almost ran over this crazy thing while climbing back up Picture Rock...yes, that is a Rattle Snake and yes, I did almost crap my pants!!! After waiting a few minutes, it finally slithered back into the grass and we hauled butt for the next mile to get away :)

No comments: