Saturday, December 12, 2009

More doctors?!?!

I had laser eye surgery in November of 2007 and until about 4 months ago, I couldn't have been happier. I haven't had the nerve to talk about my eye appointment 3 weeks back only because I thought it was just a fluke. I decided to get a checkup because I was have a really hard time reading road signs while driving, seeing the TV on the couch - really just focusing on anything more than 10 ft away - a few days after making my final payment from the original procedure. To my surprise, my right eye had regressed to 20/40. They gave me a contact to correct it and told me to come back in 3 weeks to see if it had corrected itself on its own...huh? At any rate, I did so on Thursday and it had actually gotten even worse. They only give free 'touch ups' (or do the procedure over) to patients within 1 year of the original surgery and told me it would be another $2500 to fix my eye. I'm sure you can imagine what was going through my mind and came out of my mouth at that point. Needless to say, I walked out of there with a note in my chart to call when I'm ready to have my right eye re-done for $350. I'm still not happy about it as the entire week after the surgery is the most painful and obnoxious feeling ever - you can't drive, be around light, no swimming, etc. I haven't decided when I will embark on this silly journey but it will be shortly after the New Year so I can start focusing on what really matters - TRAINING!!!!

Doc #2 - It honestly seems as though I can't even go to the dermatologist without have at least one mole removed. After getting a bit of eczema (dry skin patches), I went and saw Cathy Pacoca as always and without fail, she had to remove 2 more moles from my back and booty. I'll just blame my lack of swimming on that...hehe.

No comments: