Monday, August 17, 2009

If ya can't ride, might as well go play :)

So my bike crash on Saturday wrecked me a little more than I had anticipated. Not only did I sleep like absolute crap that night, there was no way in hell I was racing again at 8am the next morning. I could barely get out of bed much less hop on a bike and ride hard for 45min...so the Niwot Crit was out of the picture.

Instead, I wiped down the entire kitchen, vacuumed the whole house, took out the trash and rearranged my room. Around noon, I got a phone call from Banjo asking if I was up for a little golf. We headed out to Longmont to hit a few balls around. It was really ugly...and not just because I was wasted off Mike's Lemonade either... On our way back into town, we stopped at the private lake on Nelson and 63rd where Banjo has his boat docked.

Forest and Banjo did a few rounds on the slalom course and hit the wakeboard while I sat in the boat and enjoyed the nice breeze :) I forgot how much fun it is playing on boats. We ended the day with a little BBQ at my place!


No comments: