Thursday, August 20, 2009

Erin gets the Gold Star Award...

...of Stupidity that is!

After screwing around and dropping my motorcycle on myself Monday evening, I was in such denial because of silly it was that I just downed a half dozen Ibuprofen put an ice pack on my ankle and got in bed. Because my foot was throbbing and hurting so badly, I never actually fell asleep and honestly tried as hard as I could not to cry all night.

When the morning finally came, I was pretty convinced my ankle was busted because of the intense pain and swelling so Pamela took me to the ER. Luckily it wasn't but the tendons and ligaments are totally fried. I have been going to PT to get ultrasound, inter ferential therapy, massage, etc., multiple times a day ever since. My ankle is still the size of a grapefruit and as of today, I still can't move anything in my foot other than my toes. It's a good thing I'm not racing anytime soon as my training has been absolutely non-existent since the crash from Saturday and this ridiculous incident!

Is this damn year over yet?!?!

1 comment:

Osman said...

Oh man, that sucks! Sorry to hear about it Erin.

I saw a friend drop his bike on his foot last year while riding off road. The injuries were horrific.

So.. I splurged on protective boots. Highly recommended.