Sunday, September 14, 2008

What a day!

Started with a splendid early morning swim then over to Shep's to rally the troops. After getting some breakfast and packing up the motos, we were off to meet the Torrance boys and our friend Paul who is visiting from Trek so we could drive up to the mountains together. It was an absolutely beautiful drive to Ned with beyond perfect weather. The ride was super fun as well and we even found some new trails that we tested out and others that we can't wait to explore next time!
After the ride, I threw on the running shoes and headed back up the trail for a killer run. Even though my legs were really tired, the fact that the scenery and weather were so amazing made it go by very quickly. Ahhh, it hurt so good...I LOVE trail running :)

Once the training was done, we re-packed the bikes (or should I say Shep packed up the bikes while I was running) and headed down the mountain back to Boulder. After a sketchy ride with idiot drivers, we finally made it home and pedaled over to the Southern Sun for some dinner with the clan. Mmmmm, I devoured an entire plate of nachos that is currently sitting like a complete rock in my stomach...yes, over 12hrs later, but it was soooo good at the time and well worth it.

After dinner we decided that since my rear tire on the moto is completely bald to quickly change them up and do a few other maintenance things while the bike was in the garage and already being worked on. The whole tire thing didn't work out so well as the stand to balance them wasn't quite big enough. However, we did manage to re-weld the kickstand so it's much more stable and the bike doesn't fall on top of me in the garage anymore...don't ask. During the process, I was in charge of putting it back on the bike and completely screwed up the censor that kills the engine when the kickstand is down to the exact opposite. Yes, the bike would only turn on when the kickstand was down and shut off when it was up...can we say MORON?!? Yes. In the meantime, it began pissing rain and Shep lives a good 20min from my place. You can only imagine what's going through my mind right about now as the wheels of my commuting device are on the ground!!!

It all ended up just fine as always. Gotta have interesting days filled with the good, bad, ugly and funny...it's all in good fun, right?!?!

No comments: