Saturday, May 10, 2008

Smile lots...

...because life is great :)

Lots of fun things have been going on and will be coming up around here in the world of EK. The weather has been shifting, more people are coming from abroad to train/live here for the summer, the trails are clearing up to ride, race season is pretty much here, and well, shit, things are just good.

The photographer who shot us in the post below has been very intrigued with shooting more athletic minded photos and has asked us to help him out! I went down to his studio in Denver the other day to do some work with the TT bike and on Thursday, he came over to 'The Bike House', aka Shep's mancave, or garage if you will, and shot away. It was pretty cool and he got some super sweet shots. I'll post a link to the professional photos when I get them. For now, you can just get a feel of what was going on for the better part of the morning!


As for my Detroit sports teams, things couldn't be more exciting! The Pistons are leading 2-1 in their series and the Red Wings just dominated the first game against Dallas on Wednesday evening. They're going all the way this year...it's not even arguable! Both teams play again tonight so stay tuned.

Training - I really try to stay away from the monotonous, swim/bike/run/I feel tired/I'm really slow/I love triathlon/I have a race in 5 weeks/okay you get the point blog posts, but things have been going well. I'm really listening to my body better and taking it easy when I should instead of digging myself into the ground like I normally do. As a matter of fact, I'm actually going to start eating a little better too! Check out the delicious dinner of spinach, peppers, salmon, couscous, mixed nuts and mango that was prepared last night...mmmm.

No comments: