Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Getting ready...

The rest, recovery, ice cream eating and Red Wing watching was much needed on Monday as well as yesterday! I woke up feeling absolutely miserable with a really sore throat and super achy :(

Since it was pouring rain, it was another good opportunity to take it easy and let my body recover before the big race this weekend. Yep, it's that time again. Friday I fly out to San Diego and will race at the XTERRA West Championships in Temecula on Sunday morning! If I can get over this little bug that is trying to attack me, I should be rearing to go by then. I've been consuming more echinacea, vitamin C, tea with honey and Emergen-C packets than ever before with the intention on "kicking this stupid thing's ass", as Shep would say. I'm feeling a little better today, but still not 100% so I definitely need to be smart about not over doing it.

Luckily I've had some great games to watch recently. The Pistons gave the Magic one more chance to show them what they had but Detroit couldn't help but eliminate them and head to the Eastern Conference finals. The Wings will be playing Dallas this evening in hopes to go up 3-0 and pull off another series sweep! Gotta love Detroit sports...well most of them anyway. I'm still debating whether or not I'll ever root for the Lions :) Just kidding, I'm a Detroit sports fan through and through, even if that stupid football team can't win a game all season!

No comments: