Friday, April 25, 2008

Word from the Sharpie Household!

So the whole red-eye flight thing...hmmm, not so sure I would venture into that scenario again. I didn't get to sleep at all and it was very awkward changing time zones in between all of it. Oh well. After Carole picked me up at 5:30am, we went directly back to her place and I was able to sleep until 10. Not too bad. When I woke up, she had coffee and eggs already made for me...WHAT A BABE?!?

After a little breakfast, we went to her club to do a short swim which was fun. My eyes got really heavy during the first thousand and I swore I was going to fall asleep while swimming, but the coffee eventually kicked in and I was able to crank through it and actually felt pretty good! We spent the rest of the day chillin' on the coach eating tuna sandwiches and popcorn while watching silly movies and chatting about life...perfect way to rest before a race! We finally got up and went to a great salad place for dinner then made a quick stop at the grocery to pick up cookies and ice cream to have for dessert while watching the hockey game!

Oh the hockey game - GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WINGS!!!! So that was a close one. It was super exciting watching them go up 4-1 so I decided to go build my bike. When I get back, it now 4-3...ahhh. Luckily it stayed that way, but damn boys, don't scare me like that. I have a reputation to uphold in Colorado :)

After a shakeout run and swim this morning with Carole, Bruce and I are going t0 head to Winder (the race site) and pre-ride the bike course as well as check everything out. Since I will be flying back to Denver after the race tomorrow evening, I'll try to post a report while at the airport. Until then, good luck to all of those who are racing St. Anthony's!!!

No comments: