Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Where to begin?!?!

I think I'll just go day by day...

Saturday was quite a whirlwind day. Started with a superb run and spin on the trainer. Then, Miss Tingle came over with a giant Easter/Feel good basket from her, Jax and Jenni. I can't even express how appreciative I am to have such amazing friends who are so supportive :)

Then, it was off to camp. Once we arrived at the airport, about 40 min before our flight (as usual), we jumped on the plane and I attempted to solve some puzzles in my new Sodoku book that the girls put in the basket. After thinking I had lost all my Sodoku skills because I couldn't solve one puzzle, I realized they had bought me the 'Over the Edge' edition of the series which is the most difficult...geez! No wonder it was taking me the whole flight to do one damn puzzle :)

Alright, so we get to San Diego and jump on a shuttle to our resort. Scariest shuttle trip we have ever taken. Both the driver and passengers where completely insane! I could elaborate but I'll save your time. After arriving at camp, we got to see all our teammates and get all our cool new gear...and lots of it. Then it was time to party...and party hardy!

Yes, lots of those were consumed throughout the weekend :)

Sunday started with a fun run with Tingle then lots of team stuff. We ended the day with a team dinner which was quite comical then a fun trip to the bars and finally a dip in the pool. Unlike the others who decided to take off their clothes and do naked relays, I got tossed in with all of my clothes...oh yes, good times. Check out the photos here.

Monday was filled with lots of sleeping, more team stuff and a great dinner with Ben. Afterwards, we met up with the team and sat by the fire and hot tub all night drinking and telling funny stories. This year's team is by far the most amazing and hilarious group EVER. It's going to be such a fun season with great stories and stellar results :)

Tuesday began with a killer long run with my new Timex Bodylink GPS! I got the men's version this year because I like the bigger numbers on the watch and it has a few more options that I enjoy. Had some breakfast with the team then we all set out our own ways back home. Got back late last night and thanks to Denny, had the easiest ride back home.
I've got much more to rant about but I'll save it for later...just wanted to give a brief update for now!

No comments: