Saturday, February 09, 2008

Photo Shoot Round 1

As I sit here and drink my coffee at 4am in the morning, I figured I might as well start writing so I don't get behind again on the posting :)

Friday was the first of a 2-day photo shoot with photographer David Pahl. It's for some company's annual report and the object is to tell some sort of story through cycling. Cool.

Well the uncool part is that the models, i.e. me, have to bike around in circles or stand still in the freezing cold with very little cycling gear on all day. Okay, it's really not THAT bad, but it's cold. Today we have to be at the site at 5am for a headlamp and sunrise photo which leaves us with a small window for the perfect shot. Joy, joy :) Oh, and did I mention I can't train all day...grrrrrrrrrrr! Geez, I sound like such a brat. It's good though. I need some time off before I head to Tucson and train myself into the ground.

On the flip side, the very cool part about the shoot is everything other than being there at the asscrack of dawn in the cold and not being able to train. The people are fantastic, this is a killer opportunity to establish a relationship for future shoots and well, yes, the pay is quite nice too! I must get going, but I believe the models will be receiving some digital photographs of the shoot, so I will be sure to post them once I get them.

Off to the brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wind and cold :)

No comments: