Monday, February 11, 2008

More photos and much needed rest!

You'll have to check out Shep's Blog for a better recap and some good pics from our second day of playing on bikes, but all together, it was a great experience. As mentioned in my previous post, we were very fortunate to work with a professional, yet super cool photographer (David Pahl) and an awesome and wicked creative art director from Ripcord (Chris Thomas). After going through thousands of pictures of us, he probably never wants to look at our faces ever again...haha! I sure hope that isn't the case. At any rate, good times, good laughs, can't wait to see the outcome.

As for the much needed rest, I took both Friday and Saturday completely off of training which NEVER happens. At the time it was making me very irritated and bitter, but after the first 15min of my long run on Sunday, it was worth every second of rest. My body never felt so amazing on a long run and my legs couldn't have been any stronger on the 3hr ride afterward.

I learned a huge lesson this weekend and for those of you who try not to believe it like I used to, maybe you should rethink...REST & RECOVERY IS A KEY NECESSITY TO REACH YOUR HIGHEST SUCCESS. It sucks while you're doing it, I know, but after it's all said and done, it's worth the healing so you can get back out there and feel refreshed and rejuvenated rather than stale and tired :) Think about it!

5 comments:

Shep said...

Huh, rest, I never would have thought of that. Who the heck rests?

Erin said...

Me...now :)

stageracer said...

You really are taking this season quite differently. I could have sworn I saw you break a sweat in "aerobics" class today at FAC. I'm all about cross-training, but damn!!!!

Just kidding....

Erin said...

Haha...that's about all I have to say. We have a group of girls (Laura Tingle) included who have decided to participate in this aerobics class, which we refer to as 'Secret Training' every Tues and Thurs. I know we look like morons, but that shit is HARD. Plus, it's great strength training and we get more out of laughing at each other than anything. You just happen to catch the class when they all bailed on me because they're sick :( Maybe you should come one of these days. There were some dudes in there!!!

stageracer said...

I'm 6'5 and already look like a dork. Like I'm going to an aerobics class to "woo the ladies" with my cat-like reflexes and balanced coordination....not!!!