Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Riding outside has never felt so good :)

Boulder has been quite spoiled the past 3 days with absolutely beautiful weather. 40s and sunny is the most perfect riding weather during the winter and that's all we've had!

After a killer run with the ladies on Saturday morning, I set out with another group of girls for a longer and super fun ride to Lyons. We finished off the day with a late lunch at Turleys and then went to see Will Smith's 'I am Legend'. I thought it was ridiculously stupid, but the others thought it was okay. I guess I'm just into funny movies and don't really enjoy that sci-fi crap!

Unfortunately I hadn't eaten enough on Saturday to compensate for all the training and when I woke up Sunday morning I was famished and felt as though I had been hit by a truck! I started eating as much as I could but there was no way I was going to make it out the door for a long ride with the boys at 10:30am so I just relaxed and met up with the ladies at noon. Mel and I decided to just ride the 'Fruit Loops' again since the roads were clear and as we headed home through Hygiene we saw the boys stuffing their faces with cinnamon buns and hot cocoa outside the gas station. Poor Tom who had done the entire ride with us the day before on his mountain bike had bonked pretty badly and had a rough ride home :( Luckily we got back and made some delicious fajitas at Tony's and had a very chill evening!

Almost done - so I'm planning on doing this little duathlon (1.5mi run/4mi bike/2.5mi run/6mi bike) this Saturday down in Denver so I figured I'd try a little run off the bike yesterday. After a 2+hr spin I was able to comfortably hold a decent pace for about 45min off the bike. A lot better than I thought it would be, however, I haven't done any speed work so my short runs will probably be at the same pace as my hour runs...oh well, it's All in Good fun, right?!?!

1 comment:

kerrie said...

it figures...it finally gets nice enough to ride outdoors and i'm sick, blech...sorry i missed saturday am, at this rate, it is going to be a long winter!