Tuesday, July 17, 2007

An infected toe?!?

What the hell else could go wrong these days? I mean seriously, a broken car, an infected toe, a dead powertap...it's just never ending!

Anyway, last night was probably one of the most heinous nights of my life. I was in so much pain from my toe throbbing that I didn't fall asleep once. I got up several times contemplating whether to go to the hospital, take some vicodin I have left from my blood clot, wake up my roommate, call my parents, scream as loud as I can...just about everything and anything was passing through my mind.

When 6am finally came, I got up, my toe was swollen and flaming red, still hurt like crazy, but sucked it up, put on the running shoes and went to run Simon's hard intervals at the rez. Oh yeah, let me tell you how painful that was...not that the intervals themselves hurt bad enough, I could feel my toe throbbing as I was running...ridiculous. Needless to say, when I took my shoe off, it was not a pretty sight leading me to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics. Wasn't able to get the swim or bike in this 'arvo' (slang Aussie term for afternoon) but got lots of work done and a little relaxation while soaking the foot in hot soapy water which I was instructed to do.

Alright, enough babbling. I'm headed to bed so I can get some good riding done in the mountains tomorrow morning :)

No comments: