Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Ups and Downs of Life

So Wednesday was a great day but might have been a little too much exertion in the heat because Thursday was pretty much a disaster. It was about 100* in my room Wednesday night and I wasn't ever able to fall asleep so there was no way I was doing any kind of training that morning. As a matter of fact, I was pretty much out of commission for the entire day and did pretty much nothing except eat and sleep.

Friday, however, was another killer day. Great 2hr easy spin with Chriso in the AM, solid swim in the 'arvo' (yes, I'm starting to pick up on the Aussie slang), then a great trail/hill run at Shanahan Ridge right afterwards in the heat of the day. Another good soak in the creek and a chill evening at home.

Saturday - crap day once again. Couldn't get motivated in the water in the morning for a hard swim, so I cut it short and hoped a good breakfast would be the key so my big bike/run session. WRONG. My good breakfast just made me more sleepy. Got in bed at 10am and woke up at 2pm to 97* temps. No way was I doing a long ride in that crap. So I just sat at home and ate everything in sight until I finally got moving at 6pm for an easy jog. Went out to the bars later on with some friends which was fun and great to get out.

Today - woke up and headed out for my 4hr bike at 8am. Wish I would have left a little earlier as when I got back around noon, it was already 96* and I was completely wiped and decided that rather than put myself in a hole for the day, I would do my run later on in the evening when it cools down a bit. Re-hydrated and met the boys at the pool for a great recovery swim. Now just waiting for some storms to pass so I can get that final run of the week in, eat some pizza and ice cream and play some trivia games with the clan :)

No comments: