Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The creek is my new best friend :)

Went out for a killer hill climb with some hard intervals from 6:45am to 10am and when I got back, it was already 85 degrees! When I got in the pool at 12:30, it was 95 degrees...swam like a fish and then proceeded to run directly from the pool with JZ at 1:45pm in at least 98* weather for almost an hour. BRUTAL...almost passed out in the shower when we got back I was so overheated.

There was no question that after a tough day on the legs and in the heat, sitting in the COLD creek for a bit would be a good idea. Well it definitely was and we totally found the best little spot to park ourselves. The first 5 minutes were so incredibly painful and freezing, but after everything went numb, we ended up chillin' in there almost a whole half hour. When it was time to get out, our legs were so cold and hard to move we could hardly get up. I tried to pull Jo up and out of the water but slipped on a rock and my flip flop got caught in the current of the water and got away faster than I could move to catch it...booo! Oh well, they were from middle school anyway and used solely for the pool. It was pretty funny though!

Good day, good times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love hearing how much fun you are having in Boulder...

Love you